A Huge Thank You
Dear Hahnenkamm Family,
what a Race Week, what a pleasure! The 84th Hahnenkamm Races are now a thing of the past, but hopefully they will remain in your hearts and minds for a long time to come. It was something you always wish for, but rarely get to witness. And a rare occurrence is all the more precious when it actually happens. Sun, powder snow and cold temperatures accompanied us during Race Week, which allowed all races to be staged to the highest sporting standards.
Our thoughts are already focused on the future. But before that, we would like to say a huge thank you to:
- all participating athletes and teams for their extraordinary sporting achievements, especially the nations of France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Sweden, whose successful representatives are now proud owners of a coveted Kitzbühel “Gams” trophy.
- the 87,000 fans here in Kitzbühel and the millions watching on TV
- the host broadcaster ORF and all its employees and managers, as well as the TV rights partners EBU and IMG for broadcasting the races all over the world
- all sponsors and our marketing agency WWP for their great contribution in supporting the high-quality organisation of the races
- the journalists from near and far for reporting from the event
- our ARGE consortium partners of Kitzbühel Municipality, Kitzbühel Tourism and Bergbahn AG (Cable Car Co), as well as all Streif and Ganslern landowners
- all service companies and partner organisations with their countless employees and helpers, who ensure that the event runs smoothly in and around Kitzbühel
- all the highly experienced members and officials of the Organising committee, whether on the slopes, in the stadium, in the offices or race management
A common goal has been achieved. Now we must wait another 365 days for the next Hahnenkamm Races from 20th-26th January 2025 - the 85th Races, which will undoubtedly be very different, but nonetheless exciting, fascinating and challenging as these have been.
Photo © Stefan Adelsberger